17 Jan 2008

Have you ever wondered?

Be warned of a moody maybe sad entry ahead...
Have you wondered how our lives gona be when we are say 70 years old or even more?
I always think of it and shudder about it. Life expectancy of Singaporeans is generally seen to be rising and especially women tend to live longer than their spouses.


But what really shook me up was the recent case reported in New Paper of the 80 years old elderly woman who was clueless that her husband and daughter were decomposed and dead in her own home....She maybe assumed they were alive and sleeping...isn't this a sad scenerio that could ever happen? you are not even aware that your loved ones are gone or the other way round, your death was not even acknowledged by your loved ones....And the elderly couple were in fulfilling jobs think the lady was a teacher before old age caught up, so who would have thought this is how they would end up. This sad incident illustrates "to each to his own" thanks to modernisation or globalisation. Whether we're alive or dead no one actually cares even the neighbours don't....Unlike the past times when neighbours were more like family

Back to old age....no matter how much we enjoy our youth and be ignorant about how our future is going to be...it may not be according to our plan due to sickness, loss of memory or even immobility. Maybe thats the reason why our forefather is encouraging all elderly to be active in their twilight years esp like himself. But whether we can actually be like that is another story, as it depends on other factors as well.

I know I may live a ripe old age due to genes (if only can go earlier better) given that my maternal grandparents are still around...I truely hope I will not burden my family or society at large. I only pray that God blesses me with an OK health and at least a handful of family and friends whom I Love to send me through my final journey peacefully.

Now you may think why such an entry suddenly, its not that I'm sad or anything, just stating a fact that I would also need to leave this earth one day maybe decades to come or earlier...just wondering how it will be before I bid goodbye to the world..

No comments: