1 Apr 2008

Photobucket
(Mondays, Channel 5, 8-9.15pm)

Have u guys watched the above? I gave the first season a miss due to the speakers talking too fast...as for this season i somehow manage to catch every Monday since I'm probably home...yesterdays topic was a interesting one regarding current S'pore's education system not preparing enuf for the youths to enter the work field. What are your takes on this? Anyway the proposition team won and they emphasised that academics alone is not suffice as life and critical thinking skills are more relevant in the working life.

I somehow agree to this...though the maths and science etc gave me the overall basics to work well, what I was graded on at my work place was for skills such as initiative, problem solving and communications among others. Somehow these can be instilled in a person's personality naturally but often not the case. Like myself i lacked many such impt factors to be an ideal employee during my first few years. Hence a balanced approach to studies is what the future should be focussing...being solely based on meritocracy might not do good to those who are not natural scholors or ace students but maybe be talents at other areas.

Anyway do you want to buy "Anika" bracelet? Yes you heard right its named after my daughter...pls click on the right link called petal thots to view...

NB:Rina aunty,thanks for naming your precious piece after mine and making me feel like a celebrity! from Annika!!

No comments: