19 Jan 2009

Bookworm?

Finally, I'm back to reading novels at my free time after some months of inertia..

So this time I chanced upon a book called "The secret life of bees" by Sue Monk Kidd in the library. It was made into a movie recently starring my favorite child actress Dakota Fanning. So triggered by curiousity I borrowed the book.

And so far am contented with the story line, its about a teenage girl who ventures to find the truth about her dead mum. The twist to the story is that she believed she was the one who accidentally killed her mum when she was mere 4 years old.

And dun ask me about the ending as I've not yet reached that part. I realised its so common for movies to be adapted from successful novels..

My love affair with reading actually began in my Pri School for tamil books encouraged by my uncle...It took off when my uncle who was my tamil teacher rewarded his students with Star sticker against their names in the display board for every book review we handed to him. And i still could not believe how I managed to gain 90+ to 100 stickers each for Pri 4 and Pri 5 consecutively. And that too for tamil story books. I simply enjoyed the comic stories and found them immensely satisfying.

But now I prefer to read English novels than Tamil ones. So to cut short, I hope my lil gal can follow suit and fall in love with books as well. Today morning she woke up and passed me 3 books to put in her bag. When I tried to hide one book away as the bag will be heavy, she realised one book was missing from my hand & demanded for it as well!! I hope she really reads her books and spends her time wisely at the babysitter's.

Btw...Dearies, pls feel free to recommend some good books for me.. I appreciate them and will borrow them from libary...

No comments: