23 Feb 2009

Influence of parents

It was a fine Sunday afternoon..until Annika started speaking to us in English powdered with slang!!

I was shocked at how well she spoke SINGLISH..like uttering "Come LAH"... "take -Leh"

And i do not feel comfortable at all....its like suddenly she woke up and started speaking in this manner...

The worse part is the person she seems to emulate is ME!! so now i got to watch how I speak to set a good example.. i remember how one cousin of mine would always catch me using Singlish and was amazed that I could do it soo fluently...

I also notice that she yet to outgrow her fear for many tings...

I wonder if she's like that due to the fact that we were really parnoid about everything right from the time she was conceived till now to a certain extent. So now she's also got this certain aversion to try out things..

Whatever it is i hope to spend quality time with her whenever possible before the next baby comes along and takes up most of my time...

No comments: